Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in the last few months the doors have stopped unlocking with the key fob. It started with the rear passenger door, and now the front passenger door and the rear driver's side door have begun to show the same symptoms. So far the driver's door is unaffected, and they still pretty much unlock with the automatic unlock button inside the car. They all lock just fine with the fob. And, yes, I've replaced the battery (two or three times).

If you stand and watch as you hit the unlock button on the key fob, you see the recalcitrant door locks slowly edging to the open position with every press of the button. Some move faster than others - two or three presses opens the passenger front door, but you can stand there pressing the unlock button on the fob until doomsday and the rear passenger door will still be ever so slowly edging towards the unlock position.

If the inside lock/unlock button didn't work and the doors didn't lock just fine with the fob, I'd say it was the actuators. As it is, I'm stumped. Anyone experience similar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solved it. Turns out the negative battery cable wasn’t making good connection. The doors (and some other weird issues that seemed unrelated) were simply not getting enough juice to function right. The bad contact was intermittent, which was why it was so hard to pin down.

Clemson, South Carolina
2009 Rondo

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
372 Posts
Likely it is the motor/actuator in the doors. I once had an older Toyota and all the door locker/unlockers failed during the same year. Total for all 4 was $1,200 but extended warranty covered it for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts