Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I went for a joyride in Northern South Korea close to Pocheon-si and Gwang-do-si. I decided to take advantage of the cold but beautiful day and recorded some acceleration vids. I have done another mod since my last post. I removed the bottom part of the stock airbox while securing my K&N panel filter with some electrical tape(it worked). Since my stock air snorkel for the airbox was already modified to get air from the front grill (ram air type) I left it in place since it supplies cold air to the open panel element. I must say this is the chepeast (and safest) mod I have done to the Borrego. It sounds just like a Genesis coupe when accelerating. It also has so much more power (butt dyno) than before. It was truly noticable.... no BS. Here is a 0-60 video and also a 40-100 and a 60-100. Enjoy...and dont be afraid to leave me a comment or two. I will pos pics if anyone wants to see what I did.

P.S. I clocked the Borrego at 6.9 seconds...that's more than half a second faster than before. Air temperature is a factor since it was 27 F today = more HP.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey everyone. I went for a joyride in Northern South Korea close to Pocheon-si and Gwang-do-si. I decided to take advantage of the cold but beautiful day and recorded some acceleration vids. I have done another mod since my last post. I removed the bottom part of the stock airbox while securing my K&N panel filter with some electrical tape(it worked). Since my stock air snorkel for the airbox was already modified to get air from the front grill (ram air type) I left it in place since it supplies cold air to the open panel element. I must say this is the chepeast (and safest) mod I have done to the Borrego. It sounds just like a Genesis coupe when accelerating. It also has so much more power (butt dyno) than before. It was truly noticable.... no BS. Here is a 0-60 video and also a 40-100 and a 60-100. Enjoy...and dont be afraid to leave me a comment or two. I will pos pics if anyone wants to see what I did.

P.S. I clocked the Borrego at 6.9 seconds...that's more than half a second faster than before. Air temperature is a factor since it was 27 F today = more HP.
Please show some pictures. I want more horsepower. Please show some pictures. I want more horsepower. Need I say more. I have a K&N and have noticed a difference. Thank you in advance. Have a BLESSED day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Snorkel

Hi there, you mention a snorkel in your thread. Can you post a picture and also if you can send where you purchased it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts