Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber slush mats in the front driver side and passenger side seem to slide as soon as you get in the car no matter how careful you are placing your feet and pivoting into the seat. Even with the hooks engaged the mats still slide. Is there a solution for this as this is one of the biggest pet peeves of mine every time I get into and out of the Sportage, besides having to fix the seatcover and the towel I place over the seat cover.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,886 Posts
Buy Husky Floorliners...........

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Slush mats, seat covers, towels?

Perhaps you're putting the appearance of the car interior ahead of your own convenience. I use cheap & light rubber-backed mats that fit fairly tightly into the foot-wells. They only cost a few dollars each, so they get cleaned occasionally and tossed once a year.

I don't use seat covers these days. With AC, there's less sweat and other stuff to rot the seats. Side air-bags don't allow full seat covers either.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage LX 2012
51 Posts
This one I'm using. The mats are shaped according to the vehicle's flooring. Just like from Weathertech but cheaper and if you don't like the rubber type.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I use Weathertechs during the winter but the KIA all-weather (rubber?) mats the rest of year, neither of them move at all.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
What the OP is tring to do is keep the carpet Brand new,..........................................for the NEXT owner!!
OEM Kia slush mats have holes for the carpet hooks.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
What the OP is tring to do is keep the carpet Brand new,....................................... for the NEXT owner!!
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've seen people fit clear plastic covers to the seats which are hell to sit on "So they will stay like new" ... for the next owner.

The only thing I really worry about is having a mat in the driver's foot-well. Without a mat, you can wear a hole in the carpet near the accelerator. Cheap mats are a good option for picking up mud, oil and minor spillages. I usually have a plastic tub in the boot in case I have to carry oil or other nasties that don't belong in the car. Funny that most cars don't come with tie-down points for such items in the boot.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage
5 Posts
I used runners on my old vehicle and will use the same on the 2013 Sportage.
By runners its a carpet like product with a plastic bottom (base) sold by the square foot. I usually buy and cut myself making it cover the entire floor space (indentation) in each section so it never moves as it has no where to go. Pretty cheap and easy to clean up after, I tend not to use pre-cut mats as they are usually not big enough. The Kia is a bit different since the accelerator is mounted on the floor so I will have to make a cut in the mat to accomodate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts