Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'13 Soul 2.0+ Manual
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming it's supposed to be like this, but I can't put anything heavy on top of the panel covering the spare tire area. One, is that thing supposed to be that flimsy and anybody figured out what to put in the spare wheel well area to bolster it?

Thanks.

Ken

·
Registered
Soul Plus 2012
49 Posts
Hi my + has the WET BOX to support the lid, I would prefer to dump the wet box and its small compartments ,cover the spare with a well cut ply, but then I have the same problem how to strengthen the lid without compromising the large space that's been made.
Come on the clever people suggestions please.
Regards Peter

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
I'm assuming it's supposed to be like this, but I can't put anything heavy on top of the panel covering the spare tire area. One, is that thing supposed to be that flimsy and anybody figured out what to put in the spare wheel well area to bolster it?

Thanks.

Ken
very puzzling comment -need photos, there is a cargo tray located under the rear floor that sits above the compact spare or inflator kit that supports the floor panel. Mine takes quite a load, how much weight are you talking about?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
How about a full-sized spare. (Here I go again...)

Failing that, some ply should be OK. Paint it black so it looks tough.

·
Registered
'13 Soul 2.0+ Manual
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not much weight at all. I don't know when you talk about a panel under the rear floor what exactly you're talking about. There's a hinged covering over the spare-tire area and that's what is weak. A full laundry basket with dry clothes not weighing much at all will bow this spare tire cover panel.

Thanks.

ken

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Normally a full-size spare will bolster these flimsy covers. A couple of cars that I've seen have urethane inserts in the (inverted) spare wheel to make a flat surface for the rear mat. Failing that, some plywood or composition board should make a suitable base for whatever you intend to carry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts