Kia Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
84 Posts
Consider that you're much more likely to hear about the failures here than the successes. I'm sure there are countless folks that have popped the SD Card in and updated without any issues, we just don't hear about them. I've updated my system twice, no issues either time. I was driving the first time, but I decided to just do it at home the next update.
FYI,
The 2021 Sorento does not have a SD CARD. Card. You update with a 32 or larger USB drive stick.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2016 Soul+
1 Posts
Consider that you're much more likely to hear about the failures here than the successes. I'm sure there are countless folks that have popped the SD Card in and updated without any issues, we just don't hear about them. I've updated my system twice, no issues either time. I was driving the first time, but I decided to just do it at home the next update.
I just did my update today. Like a previous poster, I put the SD card in before starting the car. Followed the instructions and about 25 minutes later, it was done. It is a bit unnerving when the screen goes black, and for me when the instructions said to restart the system (uh?) but I turned off the car and turned it back on and the update continued and completed. I did mine with the engine on sitting outside in the cold-lol, but all went well!

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
16 Posts
Did my software update today. 50GB download and had to go to 4 laptops / pcs in my house to find one with enough HD space to download the software. Once that started it took 45 minutes on a 80 Mbps internet connection. It downloaded at a whopping 9mbps.....

Out to the 2021 Sorento EX and all went well, it just took 1 hour 20 minutes to complete.

The reason for the update was that my info system was telling me it was time to service and I couldn't get it mark the service as complete. It kept telling me that Date Transmission was unsuccessful. KIA Connect said that was because I was on the old software version. The software update seems to have marked the service as complete as I haven't gotten the message on 3 starts.

The Kia Connect person did say that if you aren't updated by the end of March 2022 that it will be much more difficult to update after the new version rolls out then. As I understood it you will have to go through the update twice as you can't skip a version update. That would look like a 4 plus hour ordeal.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SX Prestige
12 Posts
The reason for the update was that my info system was telling me it was time to service and I couldn't get it mark the service as complete. It kept telling me that Date Transmission was unsuccessful. KIA Connect said that was because I was on the old software version. .
We just did our 7k service and its still showing not complete. I've tried to mark it complete a few times and it wont do it. Im guessing i'll need to update it. I am kinda nervous after reading some of y'all had issues

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
399 Posts
Nice observation. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
84 Posts
Nice observation. Fingers crossed!
I completed the latest ""April 28 2022 Navagation Uodate"".
Requires a 64 GB USB ExFAT format Thumb Drive.
Started my Prestige inserted the USB drive and it requested an ok to update message, said it would take 35 minutes.
Took one hour 20 minutes. After uodate it restarted system . Then a screen popped up saying my 6000 mile service was overdue. I already had the 6 and 12K miles service done. When I tried to reset, it said cant reset because wify wasn't connected.

Good news is the new software restarted and everything else was ok.
I'm going to check the UVO app and check what the maintenance status is.
Follow on line kia update instructions and all should be fine.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts