Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Sportage EX Hybrid
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get my update for over 2 weeks, it is doing an OTA download. I bought a new USB stick that should be sufficient and downloaded the files from the KIA website. My question is, does the main folder reside on the root of the drive or is it the next level where all the files are? I have formatted in exFat and it says reading USB when inserted, but I don't think the update is coming from the stick, but instead the OTA source. Examples of the two possible directory trees attached.
Has anyone had experience with the folder/file structure needed on the USB stick?

Attachments

·
Registered
2023 Sportage EX Hybrid
84 Posts
I'm not sure about the directory, but my OTA update finished on the 11th during a drive back from out of town when we made a stop closer to home. I think it started the OTA update in the first week of August, within a week of purchase. At least that's when I checked on it. So, yeah... it took over a month for mine to finish downloading and be installed.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have been trying to get my update for over 2 weeks, it is doing an OTA download. I bought a new USB stick that should be sufficient and downloaded the files from the KIA website. My question is, does the main folder reside on the root of the drive or is it the next level where all the files are? I have formatted in exFat and it says reading USB when inserted, but I don't think the update is coming from the stick, but instead the OTA source. Examples of the two possible directory trees attached.
Has anyone had experience with the folder/file structure needed on the USB stick?
I think the files need to be in the root

·
Registered
2023 Sportage EX Hybrid
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the files need to be in the root
Thanks, that's what I thought too. When I originally did the download, the USB I had at that time was 32GB but reported a total size under what I needed in space. I manually moved the files form my PC to the USB and couldn't remember which file level was needed. I was at 95% last night and hope when I need to update in the future it will work from the USB.

·
Registered
2023 Sportage EX Hybrid
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure about the directory, but my OTA update finished on the 11th during a drive back from out of town when we made a stop closer to home. I think it started the OTA update in the first week of August, within a week of purchase. At least that's when I checked on it. So, yeah... it took over a month for mine to finish downloading and be installed.
Mine is almost finished, but it seems pretty odd that it takes three weeks to a month to complete an update.

·
Registered
2023 Sportage SX Prestige AWD
14 Posts
Is this the update for the Navigation & multi media updates? I got an email about the update process. Was going to do the download to my computer while visiting my son. On the drive to Iowa it appears it downloaded a navigation update because I got a message to install when I stopped at hotel for the night. I did the install and it said it was successful. I didn't really check it out until I got ready to activate my saved place destination and saw they were all gone. No problem with that as I know the route by memory.

Or is this another update I need to check on?

·
Registered
2023 Sportage EX Hybrid
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this the update for the Navigation & multi media updates? I got an email about the update process. Was going to do the download to my computer while visiting my son. On the drive to Iowa it appears it downloaded a navigation update because I got a message to install when I stopped at hotel for the night. I did the install and it said it was successful. I didn't really check it out until I got ready to activate my saved place destination and saw they were all gone. No problem with that as I know the route by memory.

Or is this another update I need to check on?
I think this is the April Navigation update. Mine took over 2 weeks to download in the background via OTA, I could not get my USB to load the file. After it finished it said it was installing, but apparently it only does that when the car is running. Drove two hours to an airport and it only loaded about 18 percent. Hopefully on the ride home Friday it can finish.
I have heard of people getting another prompt to update after this one though. Time will tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts