Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2000 Kia Sportage Manuel 4x4 I found a leak in the slave cylinder, I replaced the cylinder, but I can’t seem to get all the air out of the line, my clutch pedal drops straight to the floor no matter what I try. Any suggestions would be greatly received. Thanks

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I think you will need to re-prime the Clutch master cylinder by loosening the line feed to the slave cylinder, pump until fluid comes out (make sure master cylinder fluid level stays at least 1/2 - 3/4 full at all times during procedure), when you have fluid at the clutch master cylinder feed port, then you should be able to 1) open bleed valve on slave cylinder, 2) depress clutch pedal fully, 3) while clutch pedal is depressed fully, close bleed valve, 4) release clutch pedal. And repeat steps 1-4. (Same procedure as bleeding brakes. Usually a (2) person job.)

But again, if the clutch master cylinder is "air-locked", you need to re-prime it -> get fluid to the slave cylinder, before the slave cylinder will bleed fluid. Hope the feedback helps.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazing feedback thanks so much for taking the time out to reply and help us out cheers

·
Registered
Sportage Limited 2001
231 Posts
If you have a hand held vacuum pump and a way to seal off the reservoir, fill the reservoir almost full and pull a vacuum on the system. It will pull the air out and fluid will take it's place. Do it all the time on the clutch hydraulic systems at work.

Steve 2001 Kia Sportage Limited 2WD USA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts