Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Rondo V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Very new to this forum- looking for your input- we bought a used '10 Rondo in December that only had 23,000 km on it- it was a great deal and all the inspection reports came back clean.

It's been in the shop quite a few times since then- luckily everything has been covered by warranty, but it's 1) time consuming (especially when I have to figure out to do with my one year old while the car is in the shop) and 2) Worriesome- Why would a car that has such low kms have so many problems?

They have so far, replaced the exhaust system (sorry i'm not too up on mechanics, but the catalytic converter?) and that took atleast 3 or 4 weeks to be properly diagnosed and for the part to be ordered, and this week it started jerking again and it was something to do with the camshaft?

Anyone else had similar problems with the rondo or with kia cars? I'm so worried it'll be a lemon..

·
Registered
Current: 2007 Kia Rondo LX I4. Former: 2006 Kia Spectra5
226 Posts
Maybe it sat for a long time in an outdoor environment? 23,000 KM is not very much usage for a 2010 model - that's roughly 14,300 miles in US terms which is less than 8000km/5000 miles per year. Cars are meant to be used, when they sit things start deteriorating like seals, and exhaust connections can deteriorate as well.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,789 Posts
used or not... this is not something that can go down in 20k km.
Camshaft?
Exhaust?
That does not sound good. Either they do not know what they are doing or something is really weird with the car.

I would suggest you to get an opinion from another service dept, or even two places (KIA of course, eventually Hyundai if they are wiling to).
Jerking car - that could be caused by dozens of things - from simple as bad spark plug (material fatigue - not wear related, not in 20k km) to problems with valves... so not easy to find unless you really want to and know what your are doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts