Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Mustang Cobra Terminator 2013 Kia Rio 5 as the daily
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Within the last few months I’ve been experiencing a few problems with my ‘13 Rio 5. I’ve owned this car since new and only recently had this problem. When the car is warm, when I let off the gas and engage the clutch, the RPM’s hang at 3500 rpm. Never done this before. It causes shifts to be pretty violent. Never did this before. Any ideas?

Also, the car constantly “floats” down the road. You know how when you’re behind a tractor trailer the wind from his truck will move you all over the road? Well my Rio does this constantly. It floats all over the road. Pretty dangerously. Even if I’m the only one on the road. As if I have no sway bar. At times it causes me to lose control. I’m always afraid when on the major highways. I’ll aleo say that the warning light is lit that has the car with the skid marks behind it is lit 24/7 (forgive me that I don’t know the exact name of the trouble light). Is this a coincidence? Any ideas on any of this? Thanks in advance for all of your time.

·
Registered
2004 Mustang Cobra Terminator 2013 Kia Rio 5 as the daily
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also you know that when you buy the manual trans model you get no power door locks or windows or keyless entry. The locks in the door have “turned” and won’t allow the key to unlock the locks. How the hell do you fix this? I can’t lock my doors because I can’t unlock them.

·
Registered
'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX, Atlanta, GA, USA
252 Posts
I don't have a Niro or a Rio - this popped up in my digest of what's new. Probably the same for most who have viewed this.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,606 Posts
Moved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts