Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I noticed a small pool of oil under the car as I was preparing to drive the car from Texas to California (moving to LA). This obviously distressed me. So I took it to the dealership I bought it from (about 2 weeks ago) and after waiting forever, they told me they put some dye into the oil and I had to come back Monday morning for them to figure it out/fix it.

This especially annoyed/angered me because A) I was intending to move today, B) I JUST BOUGHT THE DAMN CAR!

has anybody else experienced this with a Rio? It's a 2013 5-door SX.

Really hoping it's something simple

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
are you sure it was oil? Maybe just a bit of excess oil from when they PDI'd the vehicle. Was it around the drain plug? Can you tell where it was coming from? Was it engine oil?

Could be something or nothing to be concerned about.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, they said they needed to let the dye run its course and that I need to come back in tomorrow morning. Annoying as hell but really hope it's just something loose, etc.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got a call, they said it's a rear transmission seal, I believe. Said they had to order the part and weren't sure when it would be ready.

Really pissing me off...brand new car, ready to move across country...ugh

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
***UPDATE****

they opened up the transmission at the dealership (where I bought it) and found that their initial diagnosis of a seal being broken wasn't right, everything was dry and nothing was leaking.

i'm insanely pissed right now. this car doesn't even have 2000 miles on it and they can't figure out what's wrong?? Kia has really made me mad

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Well...look at it this way, it's a good thing that the problem was discovered BEFORE you started on a long journey. You wouldn't want to be halfway to your destination and have even bigger problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts