Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
I applaud the effort. I like it when people personalize their cars. But I've never been a fan of smoked tail lights. This hasn't changed my mind.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
Lets see a photo with the tail and brake lights activated to see how much light comes through. (daytime)

I don't like any tinting of tail lights, I prefer all the visibility I can give to fellow drivers, not restrict it in any way.

·
Registered
2012 kia rio sedan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are decent during the day, and yes they are probably illegal but i think it is worth the ticket if i ever get one ... where i live it is a 25$ fix it ticket .... on the left is the running light and on the right is with the break on

Attachments

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 LX Manual, '15 ZX14R, Honda VFR800, Ducati 748, '87 Buick Grand National, '13 Subaru BRZ
101 Posts
Not probably... they are illegal. You might think it's worth it if you get a ticket... maybe not so worth it when someone dies because of it. I love modding my cars and motorcycles, but doing things that put other people at high risk is unacceptable. Please peel that stuff off.

I've seen tinted lights that don't block much light and still look good. I think VHT Nightshades spray would work better than what you used.

·
Registered
Accord, stick
206 Posts
What a dumb idea... Why do not you paint all car with black paint including all glass? You will be so cool medical student will enjoy cutting you off and looking for the brain...
I hope you get fined or rear ended. You are bloody invisible when you brake!!!!!!

·
Registered
2012 kia rio sedan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow i did not think that i would get so much negative feed back on it... i will do the right think and remove it so none of that will happen.

·
Registered
2K13 Forte SX Lux yada yada yada...
147 Posts
I personally like the looks, however I prefer uniformity. High gloss smoke on the tails would be much much better.

On ebay, there is a film that goes on easy and in mat finish, the use a high speed buffer the polish it to a high gloss.

Might do it to mine down the road...

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 LX Manual, '15 ZX14R, Honda VFR800, Ducati 748, '87 Buick Grand National, '13 Subaru BRZ
101 Posts
wow i did not think that i would get so much negative feed back on it... i will do the right think and remove it so none of that will happen.
Sorry to have sounded so negative, but I used to be an EMT and I've been at too many car wrecks... so I'm a bit sensitive about things that can cause accidents.
:)

·
Registered
Merc 280SE 1972; Kia Rio S 2012 1.4 petrol; Triumph Tiger Cub 1958
8 Posts
Kinda funny ... when I upgraded recently - top of my list of must haves was large, bright brake lights and a rear spoiler brake light.

I too have seen too many fatal accident scenes because of failed lights (criminal defence lawyer).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks really good man! I love the look of tinted tails. I used the tint spray on my s10 tails and will be doing the same with my rio/s tails

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
I'm not a fan of tinting tail lights. While your effort and final outcome were great, the safety factor should be paramount.

·
Registered
Kia Rio YB . GT-line 2018
210 Posts
First this is not my car but frome a buddy of my
I like to ceep it safe to and it is forbiden over here to tape/paint your light glasses
But the have put special foil over the lamps
A comagni that also makes car stikkers have done this and sold the foil
I have trie to do it my self but it is realy hard to do it whith out wrinkeling it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts