Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Optima SX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife picked up a 2010 Optima SX. Runs nice, in very good shape. It has the push button start with the smart keys. I have both keys, but the transmitter on one seems to be defective. The car starts when I lock the key into the override slot, but isn't detected when in your pocket or purse. I've already replaced the battery, didn't make a difference.

Is it something that can be repaired or replaced under warranty (it is a 2010 after all, not an old car), or do we just have to live with it until eventually replacing it? If so, what's the cheapest way to replace?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,503 Posts
Welcome to the site!
Where do you live?? How many miles on your car? It would help if you filled out your profile, it helpes us, help you.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Optima SX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2010 Optima SX, 80K miles. I'm in the Twin Cities. Thanks for the advice, I did add some to the profile.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,503 Posts
The transmitter would be covered under the basic 5 year, 60,000 mile warranty. The only warranty you have left is the powertrain warr. and we all know your transmitter is not part of your powertrain warranty. Sorry. If you want send me a PM with the last 8 of your vin#, and I'll get you a good discounted price on a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts