Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question - Where I find small model of Kia Sedona 2015 and later? Scale is does`t matter (not 1:1 :D ) I looking for on ebay, aliexpress like matchbox, majorette and another, but I not found. Maybe Kia/Hyundai produce small models as superprise for dealers?
Please let me know - thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
die casts of common/consumer cars are pretty rare. Even civics, i dont think I see many. In hotwheels form, I seen some, but Corollas, I think only the legendary AE86 exists as an hotwheel 1:64.

I also saw Pacifica hotwheels but that might be because daimler is in such trouble that they will pay to get their cars in die casts for advertisement

·
Registered
'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX, Atlanta, GA, USA
223 Posts
I also saw Pacifica hotwheels but that might be because daimler is in such trouble that they will pay to get their cars in die casts for advertisement
Daimler is no longer connected to Chrysler. They sold off their share and Fiat bought it. (but that "in trouble" comment might also hold true for Fiat)

·
Registered
'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX, Atlanta, GA, USA
223 Posts
The only thing I could find is the Sedona's sister, the Carnival, but this is the prior generation:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found some sites with 3D models (3D Max, OBJ, STL) but price is too big for me 129$
Great for 3D printer.

Sedona 2019 129$

Sedona 2015 75€

·
Registered
26 Posts
curious about the kind of quality you can get with a 3d printer miniature car model... you have to paint it separately, i guess? Im sure 3d printers dont apply "toy clear coat" for you !

however that got me curious and it looks like you can make some sick wheels with one!

·
Registered
'16 Sedona SX, '09 Genesis
150 Posts
I think you'd be thoroughly disappointed with 3D-printed scale models. Not only do you have to paint it yourself, you'd first have to smooth out the rather crude texture, probably with bondo and lots of fine sanding and smoothing out contours, then primer coat before top coat. If you want to duplicate your Sedona's metallic color, good luck. I say that because I shoot automotive paint, and it ain't easy to do right, in any scale. Then there is the issue with the glass, lights and wheel/tires. Those would be near impossible to get right.

Maybe just print out a nice image on glossy paper to pin on your wall instead? :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CochiseG, Volfy It`s too expensive for one model. I thought about print in 3D each parts separately and after assembly together. Yes, problem with windshield and other windows. Plexiglass is flat but I need curved. If print this car, only big scale, better for assembly.

Volfy You are right with painting because I printed terminator skull with ABS. I Painted in this plastic silver spray, not dryed.

Maybe option is print 3D (resin) Very best detail but small parts (working field)

Volfy, I`ll print big photo to my wall and wait for assembled car from matchbox, majorette or another brand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts