Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just bought my daughter a used 2006 Spectra5 with manual transmission with about 81K miles on it so not real familiar with what is normal.

When shifting gears slowly the engine seems to hold the idle longer than I thought normal would be. To describe if you were to push the clutch in and let off the pedal it holds the same RPM for maybe 3 seconds before starting to move lower. The only other thing is it seems as maybe a little rough at idle, not horrible but a little vibration noticed in steering wheel if you don't have your hands on it.

I have a few ideas on things to look at as not a total newbie to cars at 58 yrs old, but I know the power of a good forum and others past experiences.

The car seems to have strong acceleration and smooth transmission and clutch. She likes the car and I am just trying to be sure we have it running as good as should be expected.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
As stated before in your other thread, check the motor/trans mounts. if bad they shift the geometry of the throttle cable and such. Then a good cleaning of the throttle body/butterfly and clean the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve. Also check the air intake tube from the air cleaner housing to the intake manifold for cracks, including the rubber connecting boot ends.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As stated before in your other thread, check the motor/trans mounts. if bad they shift the geometry of the throttle cable and such. Then a good cleaning of the throttle body/butterfly and clean the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve. Also check the air intake tube from the air cleaner housing to the intake manifold for cracks, including the rubber connecting boot ends.
Good Luck!
I looked engine mounts when purchasing and it looked like they had been replaced, but I will give it another close look.

Thanks for the list of items to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts