Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(First Post)
Morning to all, I purhcased a new Sorento 2.5 Diesel XE at the begining of October 2004 (very pleased so far)

I've discovered what looks like a very small oil leak coming form the engine area,
I've noticed some dark patches on the drive recently, but I wasn't sure if it was condensation from the cold mornings. I don't want to sound stupid, but what would be the best way of checking......the drive is already quite patchy so I didn't want to put down some kitchen roll just in case the results where tainted by the previous patches,
And if there is an oil leak, I take it, I should just get the Kia dealer to sort it under warranty.
Are there any recalls or certain things I should be aware of......

Thanks for your help...

Tony

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If it's an auto, check the gearbox cooler pipes, they have been known to come adrift, and are part of a recall campaign.
You can see the 2 pipes from the drivers side of engine bay, and shining a light down the engine side of the radiator.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Tony I also had a small oil leak ,it was down the r/h side near the radiator and left oil all over the cross member.First dealer I tried said it would be ok,just tightened up clip and washed it off! It still leaked. Second dealer much better,realised the turbo was passing oil,this resulted in a new turbo!So be warned,this could have wrecked the engine.
Towguy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chaps,

Thanks for the information,

I'm now a bit concerned about the Turbo part, so I'll caontact the dealer soon as...

Cheers,

Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Make sure the leak is not from the coolant header tank,
My Sorento recently started to leave a trail of oil, it turned out that the oil cooler had split and was forcing oil into the coolant system.
I believe Kia had a recent recall on the oil cooler, but mine was not on the list.
Maybe they need a further recall.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts