Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just back from a few days holiday in derbyshire car towed caravan effortlsy up hills.took four bikes and put them on top of roof when i put the bikes on top i think that with the pressure of my leg against the door panels i put some very slight dents in the panels i cant be sure if it happened then or they were already there. they are very small indents and can only be seen when looking along the car with the light shing the right way i was very annoyed with my self if i had done it as the car was new in march but maybe they were aldready there ,as they are hard to see unless you are looking for them . has any one else out there had any similar experiences.i wasnt sure if it could be something to do with the manafacture of the door panels. maybe they could be pushed out.

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
it seems to me, as compaired to other vehicles i have owned sorentos seem to dent rather easly.
maybe it is due the type of steel used or the gauge. the rest of the vehicle seems to be built like a tank, given it's weight

·
Registered
Sorento XS
24 Posts
Being fastidious about the panels on my Sorento, I can tell you that there is a very slight "pulling-in" around the door handles but that should be about all.
Seems you might have done this while loading the bikes on top.
Suggest you get one of the many franchised DentBuster types in who should be able to clean them up OK.
Not cheap though...

·
Registered
72 Posts
:(

Lo James. I did exactly the same on mine, only mine was fitting a huge roof box. I also dented the roof slightly by using the pressure of my knee to balance on.
I have noticed that the roof dent ( being the size of a small orange ) has all but gone to the naked eye now, I did it in August last year. Perhaps Sorento are 'self healing' ....... if only !!!!!!
I agree with another comment that the steel guage may not be upto other vehicles ( Bmw's etc ) however a word of caution, in my experience of dent removal, you pay to have the one dent removed on one side of the car only for a new one to appear a week later on the other side of the car. Known as 'SOD'S LAW' !!!! Save your money as it isn't cheap to have done. Every car has the odd small ding.

Cheers

:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts