Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sedona EX/2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

seems like my problem with my sliding door is never ending.. I have a 07 kia sedona EX

couple of things have been done to my rear driver side power sliding door.
1. latch recal has been done
2. door actutor replaced, becase the door wont automatically open.

now problem is (with the same door) is that the door wont stay latch open.. basically if are on a hill facing downward that door will slide back closed on you.

any ideas on what to look for?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same trouble with rear sorento sliding doors not latching all the way open

Hi our sorteno's rear sliding doors only latch open part of the time as well. It seems to have something to do with the slope the vehicle is parked on. The problem is that there are times it doesn't latch when the vehicle is sloped slightly forward. These is dangerous with our little kids. I hope for some good advice from the group before someones hand gets crunched :-(

Thanks forum!

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
The hold open latch is on the bottom arm of the door. Lots of times they will rust and stick. Check that first.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage
96 Posts
Hi our sorteno's rear sliding doors only latch open part of the time as well. It seems to have something to do with the slope the vehicle is parked on. The problem is that there are times it doesn't latch when the vehicle is sloped slightly forward. These is dangerous with our little kids. I hope for some good advice from the group before someones hand gets crunched :-(

Thanks forum!
Another Troll..sorteno's:rolleyes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hello All,

seems like my problem with my sliding door is never ending.. I have a 07 kia sedona EX

couple of things have been done to my rear driver side power sliding door.
1. latch recal has been done
2. door actutor replaced, becase the door wont automatically open.

now problem is (with the same door) is that the door wont stay latch open.. basically if are on a hill facing downward that door will slide back closed on you.

any ideas on what to look for?

Are the rear sliding door windows UP or down?

If they aren't all the way rolled up, door won't latch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts