Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help diagnosing this little issue:

When the Sorento is idling, like at a stop light, the engine runs smooth but then makes an infrequent arrhythmia (sort of like when a human heart skips a beat). Not a constant skipped beat, just infrequent like every 6-10 seconds at idle. At driving speeds I don't seem to notice it as engine seems to run smooth.

'03 Sorento. Original owner. $108K miles. Well maintained. Just installed a platinum Die Hard battery.

Any suggestions to what might be causing this?

·
Registered
2003 kia Sorento LX 2WD 3.5L
7 Posts
kinda like a engine missing a little only at idle if so i having same problem .... i still have no clue how to fix mine :( install new plug and didnt fix the issue

·
Registered
2007 Rio5, 2012 Sorento EX-V6
113 Posts
Well, I would suggest new spark plugs to the OP as I have had an issue like that before, and that is what fixed it, if not already done recently. Then possibly seafoam to try to clean injectors etc. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2003 kia Sorento LX 2WD 3.5L
7 Posts
Well, I would suggest new spark plugs to the OP as I have had an issue like that before, and that is what fixed it, if not already done recently. Then possibly seafoam to try to clean injectors etc. Hope this helps!
on my kia i did seafoam and still a problem is there and uses more gas now :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same problem here also. I am thinking throttle position sensor. Just havent found a tutorial on replacing one yet. Some say slap it on and go and some say using a multimiter. Some also say take it to the dealer. Now if I were to go the multimeter route, could someone tell me where to I take the readings at, as in where do I put the probes/terminals?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts