Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 borrego ex
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We love the car but it has some strange traction issues I haven't felt in another car.

On big loops, like getting onto the freeway, you can start to feel it break loose if you turn a little too tight or go too fast, especially in wet conditions.

We had snow here and I couldn't even get out of the driveway. It took me 20 minutes of noodling to get it back into the garage and not slide into the house. This was only 4 inches of snow. Right after that I got in our honda element and drove down the steep hill to get groceries with no problems. I tried many different settings with the Borrego but was unable to get it moving. If i remember right some of the wheels would spin and others would not. Winter is coming and I'm trying to figure out if there is a setting I am overlooking. The tires have great reviews and a lot of tread. Anyone have any ideas? I see nothing but praise on the forums here.

Thank you,
B

·
Registered
2009 borrego ex
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! One of my friends recommended this. Do you guys keep an extra set of rims too, or switch the tires onto the same rims each season change?

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX 4.6 V8
48 Posts
I have extra rims for several reasons. I was lucky to find a set of OEM used wheels for $400 on ebay. Having separate rims allows me to save money by switching tires at home -I do not need to go to the shop, I've got 17' for winter that are better than the 18' for snow (the 17 are cheaper than the 18 as well, another benefit). Also I believe that the truck will have more resale value. Do whatever works best for you, just make sure to get dedicated winter tires, it will make all the difference, you will absolutely love driving the Borrego during winter!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts