Kia Forum banner

SiriusXM Marketing Strategy

19K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  WhitSTer 
#1 ·
I don't get where SiriusXM is coming from. Our ninety days is almost up because it was activated before we bought the Sorento, no big deal. If I chose to extend it now, while it's still active, the cost is $15.99 a month. If I let it expire, they want me back for $5 a month for six months (and I assume they'll want me back again then for $5 a month). I don't understand a world in which they let you leave, only to entice you back with a low low rate that, if they had given you when you first asked, you would never have let the subscription expire.

What am I missing here? This is our first car with satellite radio and my wife actually likes it (it's her car) and I suppose it would be nice on trips since I like talk radio. For $5 a month, I'll keep it. For $15.99 I won't. Just quote me the lowest possible rate upfront and be done with it. A lot like Direct TV who let me leave and then offered me a lower rate than I had asked for to come back and wanted to throw in a $200 prepaid debit card. I know something is escaping me in these marketing schemes, thought maybe someone here had already figured it out.

#2 ·
Call Sirius and talk to them. They are willing to "make a deal". For the past couple of years, I have called them at renewal time, and they cut the price in half, and probably would have done better if I had persisted. My satellite TV company does similar. It seems to be the new way of doing business.

#3 ·
I've renewed Sirius a couple times and you can get it for $5/mo plus some bogus 'fees' they keep adding on.
My biggest gripe is they insist on automatically "re billing" your credit card when it expires at the 'then current rate'. Sometimes they tell you you can call a number and cancel the auto re billing for the next segment only. They say the auto re billing is for 'my benefit'...but we know better than that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.