Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX 2WD Dark Cherry
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2014 SX (UVO+nav), I'm missing a handful of SiriusXM channels I used to get in my old car. The SiriusXM people assure me my account has been switched over and I should be getting all my channels. I definitely still can't tune in to a few of them.

I can think of 3 likely scenarios:
1) SiriusXM's customer service people didn't get my account right and their system doesn't think I should get those channels
2) The account is right but the "refresh" signal didn't work right for some reason even though I've tried to refresh multiple times now
3) Everything on SiriusXM's side is working right but the UVO system's list of channels hasn't updated itself correctly

Any advice on how to figure out which of these things is happening? How would I know if the car gets a refresh signal; does it display something or give any noticeable sign? Is there a way to force a refresh of UVO's channel list?

It's channels 11, 12, 13, and 14 that I've noticed are missing, btw. I'm not especially attached to them, but it does bother me that the new car won't tune to them.

-Andrew

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
Should probably call the dealer as I assume the manual says nothing. Perhaps there is a reset they can do there. I'm guessing "hack" tips on the 2014 are next to none at this point from the community.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento EX FWD
9 Posts
According to the SiriusXM Website, Sirius Radios do not get channels 11, 12 and 13. XM Radios do, and it looks like the just recently released SiriusXM radios do also.

:(

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX 2WD Dark Cherry
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the SiriusXM Website, Sirius Radios do not get channels 11, 12 and 13. XM Radios do, and it looks like the just recently released SiriusXM radios do also.

:(
How very interesting! I would have thought that in 2 calls totalling about 40 minutes with the SiriusXM people, someone might have mentioned this extremely simple explanation! Oh well, I guess I should have googled it earlier. Now I convince myself I don't care about the loss of those 4 channels since I still have ~30 others I sometimes enjoy listening to.

-Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts