Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SX(Silver), 2010 Subaru Forester, 2004 Subaru Forester (Traded for RIO SX)
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My free trial period runs out next month. Thinking about keeping the $9.99 mostly music package. I always thought satellite radio was a gimmick but I haven't listened to my regular Chicago radio station (93.1 WXRT) since I purchased the Rio. Discovering new music and no commercials. The Iphone4 works well with the UVO system, but I haven't been using it that much. I have copied some tracks for the kids to the JUKEBOX. Easy to find music to keep them happy.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,972 Posts
i would give them a call you can get better pricing than $9.99 a month i got mine for $72.00 for a year and some of the forum members have even got it at a better rate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was advised by others to wait for the offers for the monthly price to go down. When the offer went to $4.99 per mo. for 6 mo., I took it.
I have the end of the 6 mo. marked on the calender, and I will cancel (otherwise they will automatic charge regular monthly fee) and see what they offer to keep me. :)

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio LX. '11 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Honda S2000, '11 Husaberg FS570, KTM 990 Adventure
268 Posts
i am keeping it as well, i tacked it onto my other subscription.

i am impressed witht he sirus reception, as my toyota's sirius antennae stinks so much that i had to install a a stand alone system in the truck so i would have reception. not a problem with the rio. :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SX(Silver), 2010 Subaru Forester, 2004 Subaru Forester (Traded for RIO SX)
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll see what offers come around. Wasn't sure if SiriusXM would produce a teaser rate for renewals. My 3 months expires they day of a week long road trip though.

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Hello, my subscription ends on July. These posts tell me the fee for the subscription in Canada (I'm in Montréal) are extremely high compared to the US. See: one month, 14,99, three months, 44,87 and one year, 164,89. To me, it's way too expensive for the use I could do. Around 100 $ /year I'd g for it. And I doubt a call would lead to a bargain. Are there some Canadian customers here that could negotiate a good price? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nope -- while it's fun listening to Howard and all the playboy or spice channels (I dig filthy comedy) it's just not worth 150 or even 100 a year for me.

Not when I can dump several gigs of my music on a USB thumb drive and enjoy that for days or even weeks. I'd rather take the money I'd pay for satellite radio and make an extra car payment or something.

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
Agreed, It is not worth the price they offer you. just put your music in a drive and update it when you feel like some change. Everything is accesible to you, so why pay for someone who may or may not be playing music you like.

·
Registered
2011 Soul
75 Posts
Let it expire, then let them contact you a couple of weeks later begging you to stay with a price they claimed they couldn't do before.

Terrestrial radio sucks azz. I'll never listen to that commercial laden crap with the same few songs played over and over again.

I miss the days of the 70s when DJs played what they wanted and you never knew what you were going to get. You could hear every song on an album, not just the hits. Today - radio sucks!

·
Registered
Rio 5dr SX Electric Blue
144 Posts
Terrestrial radio blows goats. I like Sirius but I only listen to Area 51 and the other dance music channel and honestly I have loads of DJ mixes on my 120gb drive that I can hook up and it works like a champ.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
Hello, my subscription ends on July. These posts tell me the fee for the subscription in Canada (I'm in Montréal) are extremely high compared to the US. See: one month, 14,99, three months, 44,87 and one year, 164,89. To me, it's way too expensive for the use I could do. Around 100 $ /year I'd g for it. And I doubt a call would lead to a bargain. Are there some Canadian customers here that could negotiate a good price? Thanks for the input.
hold off till it expires, they have been enticing me with I think the last offer was $20 for 5 months ($4.99 a month) and waive the connection fee. I told them no, not interested I have more than enough of my own music for free (over 10,000 tracks) and I listen to AM/FM, only so much time to enjoy all this, so why pay for it. I don't pay for TV, so why should I pay for radio.

That $14.99 regular monthly fee has a service charge of a dollar something and then taxes.

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio5 SX Premium Package, '04 Acura TL Navi, '07 Dodge Ram Hemi 4x4, '96 Honda Accord EX
30 Posts
I'm going to let my trial run out. I don't really want to add another bill to my already growing bills. I just keep my Bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus on all the time and it connects to my navi as soon as I start the car. I Bluetooth everything, Pandora (better than SiriusXM, in my opinion), all my phone calls, and any music stored on my phone. Although the playboy channel is nice haha...

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
I did the 6 month for 30 bucks or something...I occasionally listen to music (I have a growing collection of tunes on an 8gb thumb drive for that), but I listen to world news, mostly. It's handy to have, as much as I'm on the road in desolate areas.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX UVO manual
13 Posts
Our area between Toronto and Buffalo is good for radio, but in the car I usually listen to free podcasts, this will be even easier with UVO. Big Adam Carolla fan. With the media playing ability of the UVO, and the ability to get a ton of streaming music services on a smartphone the usefulness of satellite radio seems limited. I might feel different if I lived in a remote area or spent hours daily in the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you live far north you may notice drop outs around tall buildings, tall trees, freeway underpasses, etc. I found it annoying and haven't bothered to subscribe. I only found a few channels I really liked anyway. I have a tiny USB thumb drive with all the music I want and the UVO touch screen makes it fairly accessible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts