Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2013 fully loaded SX with the Sirius/navigation head unit.
CD quality is awesome, but FM does not sound that great and all sirius stations sound garbled (tin canny) anyone else with the same findings? My brothers has a factory installed sirius in his acura and sound is much better quality-wise...tried calling sirius and they sent some sort of activation signal which did not help at all. They told me I should try the my dealer and that it may be a defective unit and that I should probably have it replaced, but I am hesitant to have the dealer replace anything, since I'm worried it will never be the same....
thoughts?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX
9 Posts
I have a '13 with the same infinity gps unit and it sounds great. I would take it in. If they replace it they will just yank the head unit and stick a new one in. Should not be an issue. If nothing else you can compare your sound with another at the dealership.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento Ex V6
298 Posts
I am use to booming base and crystal clear highs and all in between but, my 2013 Sorento just does not have it. I let Sirius run out, stations sound, in your words "tin canny" Sirius in my truck sounds so much better.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX Ebony Black
49 Posts
Definitely take it in. My head unit froze and had the dealership replace it without a problem. They gave me a loaner because they had to overnight a new unit. Sounds better than ever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts