Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About time to renew. I paid a little over $100 last year with no Howard and some sports channel. What's the best price these days?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,605 Posts
Call up and cancel
They wil make you an offer
Say NO cancel my account'

They will keep making "special" offers until you get to around $29 for six months
That's what happened with me when the new car six month free ended, but they only do that special for another six months, after which I cancelled - when you take the special, they have your payment detail and will auto-bill at the end of the six months, so be sure to set a calendar reminder to cancel.

Also, my deal has 5 years traffic, which they almost cancelled when I cancelled at the end of the six month special.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LX V6
23 Posts
I just went through this myself--my renewal bill was $300 for the year, with Howard. I called to cancel and finally got down to $99 for the year, same package.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX V6
853 Posts
That's what happened with me when the new car six month free ended, but they only do that special for another six months, after which I cancelled - when you take the special, they have your payment detail and will auto-bill at the end of the six months, so be sure to set a calendar reminder to cancel.

Also, my deal has 5 years traffic, which they almost cancelled when I cancelled at the end of the six month special.
If you have nav traffic is through them, so be advised of this.

I always demand the full package, which includes internet streaming.
Of course, I only use it to listen to Fox, which is why $29 is my limit. For $30 I can find another way to listen to Fox (Mobdro, Slingbox).

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
332 Posts
I took the $29 offer for six months. Auto renews so I used a visa card I got as a rebate and it will be at 0 at renewal time.

I really hate auto renewal schemes that domino at then current crazy high rates.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
24 Posts
I haggled with them a week ago, and got SiriusXMSelect for $138 for the year. I do this every year, and they knock over $100 off the "retail" price. That's the best price I can get out of them.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX V6
853 Posts
I haggled with them a week ago, and got SiriusXMSelect for $138 for the year. I do this every year, and they knock over $100 off the "retail" price. That's the best price I can get out of them.

You overpaid. That is the same service I get for $29

Sometimes you have to hang up and call back and get a different Indian.
At least one that speaks English. That has been a problem every time I called.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,133 Posts
...when you take the special, they have your payment detail and will auto-bill at the end of the six months, so be sure to set a calendar reminder to cancel.
Better yet, use a credit card that provides one-time numbers for online payments. Sirius/XM can't use it a second time.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento EX V6, 2016 Forte LX+
33 Posts
I just renew mine, I called them before the auto renewal kicks in ...they wanted to charge 180 for 6 months (Howard included)... I asked them to cancel my account because these rates were too expensive ... after all I got it renew for 100 for 1 year.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all. I won't use auto renewal and I don't want to hassle with this more than once a year so will try to get it to $100. We listen all the time anyway.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To update, after some wrangling with the Sirius rep, I got a year for $120 as musical royalty fee has increased. then they gave me a $5 credit so total was $115. Then the rep said he would send me an Amazon Echo for free so I said ok, I pay $115 and get it, correct? Then I was put on hold for about 30 seconds and he came back and said I could upgrade for another $24. At this point, I said no and ended the call. No auto renewal and I don't give them my phone number-email only. Done until next year! Thanks all for the advice. I might have done better but was tired of negotiating.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX 2.4 FWD; 2009 Borrego LX V6 RWD
158 Posts
Just received and activated a free 3-month trial with $2 activation fee. Unless I cancel, it will auto renew at $25.99/mo afterwards.

The car is 6 months old and never subscribed service after the initial trial expired.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento Ex
155 Posts
Just received and activated a free 3-month trial with $2 activation fee. Unless I cancel, it will auto renew at $25.99/mo afterwards.

The car is 6 months old and never subscribed service after the initial trial expired.
I got the same deal as the $2.00 for three months. I plan on cancelling my subscription as soon as the three months end and will try to renegotiate a better deal. I expect to go for a short time w/o Sirius before they call me with a reduced offer. There's no way in hell i'll pay $26/month for radio.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts