Kia Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Neither of those things help. The radio doesn't show the ESN/radio ID. It's a software thing when you hit the refresh button on the unit for those of us with the AVN200XMA. Your radio ESN/ID disappears. Channel 0 is the only thing you will see when selecting satellite. it will say radio Id with nothing after it, and it will say data id with nothing after it. It used to say the ESN/radio ID before doing the reset button.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Had enough...picked up the used unit from the salvage yard, installed in a few minutes and everything is working great. $174 from a 2012 that was in the yard for 20 days...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had enough...picked up the used unit from the salvage yard, installed in a few minutes and everything is working great. $174 from a 2012 that was in the yard for 20 days...
Glad you found an affordable fix. My wife decided her radio doesn’t need Siriusxm since she mostly listens to podcasts, so we’re going to leave it for now if their troubleshooting doesn’t work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It really is kinda ridiculous if you think about it. Why cant sirius develop a Factory re-flash that can be initiated via usb. Cause i'm sure its a software flaw. who knows probably too much trouble for them to care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issue, has anybody figured out how to fix other than replacing the radio? (I have a Kia Optima 2013 Hybrid). My Kia dealer quoted me ~$800 to replace the radio.

I tried updating the Map software hoping that would reset the Sirius, but to no avail.

There has to be a software fix. The run-a-round is driving me crazy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has there been any update? Has anybody been able to re-flash their radio to get the Sirius radio to start working again? It is obviously an ongoing issue and is happing to multiple people.

My dealership offered to replace my radio for ~$800 to fix it.
We all know a software fix should do the trick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have a similar problem I have a 2011 Kia Optima Hybrid my AM and FM work correctly but XM/sat does not. Buttons will beep when pressed to change the channels but the channels do not change and there is no sound from the XM stations. I cannot change my stations at all and several reset refresh signals have been sent from XM support.

·
Super Moderator
9,236 Posts
I too have a similar problem I have a 2011 Kia Optima Hybrid my AM and FM work correctly but XM/sat does not. Buttons will beep when pressed to change the channels but the channels do not change and there is no sound from the XM stations. I cannot change my stations at all and several reset refresh signals have been sent from XM support.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
12 Participants
ron1004
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing