Kia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my annual subscription is coming to an end. Last year after the 3 months trial, I was reminded to subscribe which I did after agreeing on a price. They were very opened to discussion. They gave me 12 months for the price of 6 (under 100$). Now the price has doubled an the online service is not free anymore. They're closed to any discussion and they even have an aggressive tone. They will let me go if I don't pay their price. Someone in the same boat? I don't feel like their service is worth 253$ + tax/year. What do you think. I have until July 20 to make a decision.:mad:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I found that they were pretty aggressive and wouldn't budge the first time.
I received this email just a few weeks back though:

To tune into your FREE SiriusXM channels from May 21 to June 3:
Press the AUX, SIRIUS or SAT button on your radio
To find your favourite channels, please click here to print out a
Channel Guide and keep it in your vehicle for easy reference.
If you like what you hear, we have a very special offer for you. You can get all 120 channels of SIRIUS Select in your vehicle for only:
$2.49* a month for your first three months (regular rate: $15.99 a month).
Promo code: SPRING24
$79.96* for your first year (regular rate: $175.89 a year).
Promo code: SPRING79
Simply click here or call us at 1-855-854-4630.

So i would just say that you received the email and would like to use the promo code... that'll save you a few dollars.

·
Registered
2012 Rio5
66 Posts
cancel it via phone...

then in a few months, they will come back to you with
a "6 months for $25 (usa) "

;)

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Sirius (Satellite Radio) at $250+ per year? I'll bet you could negotiate pay TV for little more than that. If you think $250 per year is expensive, then it is.

In the land of OZ, we are not particularly well supplied with free-to-air Radio and TV, but it's certainly enough for this consumer. I'm sometimes contacted by Pay-TV companies and I give them the "How much will you pay me?" routine.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cancel it via phone...

then in a few months, they will come back to you with
a "6 months for $25 (usa) "

;)
I hope so cause I like satellite radio. I'm a big fan of talk radio and Sirius got a lot of it. I emailed them and they wouldn't even reply. Anyhow, the president himself signs the renewal form so I have his name and h'es going to receive an email and maybe a call.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
I got the $25 offer for 6 months and I don't even think it is worth it for me right now. $253 is a joke.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX Sedan 2012 Acura TL Advanced, 2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
26 Posts
I had Sirius but when they raised their price I ended the sub. I now use I Heart Radio. It's free.

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
After my 3 month trial I did the one year up front payment of $89 or something close to it. No way I'd ever pay $253 a year for it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After my 3 month trial I did the one year up front payment of $89 or something close to it. No way I'd ever pay $253 a year for it.

beedee, Sirius made the same deal to both of us: 89$+tax/1 year after my 3 months trial (july 2012). My renewal is 253.53CD before tax. I think this is outrageous. Raw theft. It's more than 100% increase. I cannot calm myself over this. I can't imagine just saying goodbye. Something right has to come out of this.:eek:

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
I guess since I never listened to it I never got attached to the service. From that point I'm not even willing to pay $25 for six months. From that point if I were you I would just call to cancel. They might eventually get back with a better offer and in the meantime you got to listen to regular radio or your own device.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX
4 Posts
I have been a satellite radio user ever since it first came out and I have it on 2 cars. If you want a better rate, you have to call to "cancel". They make it very difficult to do so, believe me! I call every time my renewal comes up. The first thing they do is offer you a year at a discounted rate. If you say no to that, they then offer you 5 months for $25. This last time I declined and they offered me 2 months free to see if that would get me to change my mind, which I accepted. When the renewal came up, I called to cancel again and got the $25 rate again - as I didn't really WANT to cancel, this option works better for my budget. You have to call and be firm! Be prepared to cancel if you don't like the options they give you. They will work very hard to keep your business.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
I found two stations on sirius that I listened to most...the BBC and WRN. I took their $26/6 months, but found I could get more variety with an 8gb flash drive. When it expired, and they tried to get me to renew at $85/6, I told them to stuff the jam spoon.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sirius update

Hello, after lot of emailing, answering a survey on the Customer Service with honest answers and insisting on the fact that I was interested doing business with Sirius and reminding them a representative offered me a 2 year plan, they emailed back saying they would respect their word. I had made them listen to the recording of my conversations with the two representatives. So it's a done deal now: I have a 2 year plan and I can say I'm satisfied.:D

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 Door SX (Premium package)
34 Posts
I signed up for their Mostly Music package which is $9.99 a month. For me it's worth it; can't handle 5 minutes of commercials between songs. In my old car I had a portable and the ala carte package for $8 a month but that's not available with the Rio radio.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
45 Posts
Cancel it and buy an external XM Onyx radio.
Sound quality is WAY better than Sirius and you get all the same channels etc.
Sirius sound quality is no where near as good as XM. Go to XMfan.com to research it.

·
Registered
Kia Rio SX Navi 2013
109 Posts
After my free 3 months, I got 3 months for 21.73 tax in (7.24/month), after I call to cancel and they offer 5 months for 28.34 tax in (5.67/month). I call 2 days ago to cancel, They offer me 1 year for the 6 months price, I refuse, after they offer +/-99$ for 1 year, I refuse and then the offer me 4 months for 22.98 tax in (5.75/month), I said OK. For me, this service should be 5$/month + tax.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima SX, 2014 Kia Cadenza
58 Posts
Yea, I would just cancel and wait it out. Additionally, you have to get in touch with a cancellation agent before they'll give you the awesome deals.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts