Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sedona LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 2008 Sedona LX. I need to siphon Gas From my 2008 Sedona to Another sedan just for saving some money on gas. I found one tool on amazon (Hopkins FloTool 10801 Shaker Siphon with 6' Anti-Static Tubing). The link is
. Do you think it will work? Thanks so much.:confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think so. Go back & read the negative reviews. Not for gasoline automobiles.

I recently tried to siphon some gas from 3 of my autos (not the Sedona though) for the lawn mower with a piece of plain old air hose. The hose would not reach the gasoline level in any of them before hitting something.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Newer cars won't let you do this at all. Lacon is correct!! There is a one way valve at the bottom of the filler neck.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
When my Sedona EX blew a head gasket, it sat for 4 months with a full tank of gas before I could get it repaired! I wanted the gas out of it so bad for my LX, but alas, I knew it would be almost impossible without some disassembly, and probably spillage. I just waited until I could afford to fix it.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
496 Posts
Yeah I had a similar issue with my Nissan 240SX when I had to change the gas/petrol tanks due to a known problem with the plastic material cracking.

The filler has an anti-siphon mechanism so you can't simply push a hose all the way down like the old days...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts