Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just bought Kia Rio 1.5l Auto May 2005.
So far, It seem like the Patrol consumption is quite high. I clock less than 10km per liter. Anyone face this problem? Pls share and commend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not bad liao for a auto. Mine 1.5M H/B is ave 8.5km/l and car has been thrown back to dealer to fix up auto valve lifter, auto lash, engine oil pump, fuel pump and also through check cause of other probs. Hopefully when it's back to me, it should be running like min 11km/l whoch I used to get on the ave.

I guess for your ride, it's still relatively new so should say that after run in, it will improve (provided the car does not have any other prob).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm driving 2004 Kia Rio 1.5 M. Fuel consumption is from 11 to 13 km/l. Went for my 3rd servicing already.

Just realised part of my headlight area - the shiny part inside has cracked. Anyone of you experienced that?

Best regards,
Phil

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmmm.... sounds familiar. ;)

Originally posted by CKCorona@Jun 10 2005, 01:10 PM
Not bad liao for a auto. Mine 1.5M H/B is ave 8.5km/l and car has been thrown back to dealer to fix up auto valve lifter, auto lash, engine oil pump, fuel pump and also through check cause of other probs. Hopefully when it's back to me, it should be running like min 11km/l whoch I used to get on the ave.

I guess for your ride, it's still relatively new so should say that after run in, it will improve (provided the car does not have any other prob).
;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmmm.... sounds familiar. ;)

;)
Hi everyone,

Just found this website and wanted to share my experience. Hope this thread is still active.

I bought a Rio 1.5A in 2005, and soon after, found the consumption to range around 7-8km/l. I went back to C&C but they said everything is fine. Anyway, I happened to be at another workshop for another reason and I happened to tell the mechanic the problem. He checked and smelled the engine oil and asked if I rammed my engine. I replied that I rarely go past 2500rpm since it was new. He told me that engines need occasional ramming to 'clear the carbon', and from then, I do. Now, with light acceleration, my FC is around 12 to 13km/l (city + highway) consistently.

When I went back to C&C and recounted the experience, the technicians said that it was impossible someone could 'smell' the engine oil and detect carbon. Well, I didn't know if the mechanic did indeed smell carbon but hey, he solved my problem. No offense to C&C, I mean, their service is excellent, but I think on this, they screwed up.

Hope this helps! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts