Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a first-time poster and first-time Kia owner. Loving my first few weeks in my new Sorento but I came across something I was wondering if anyone else noticed or had a solution to.

My iPhone is connected via Bluetooth to my Sorento, so I can make calls, stream music, etc. I also have a Bluetooth headset which I wear pretty much all day. When I get in the car, my iPhone pairs immediately with the Sorento, as it should, and retains its connection with my headset as well.

If I'm listening to music, either thru Sirius, CD, or radio, and I get a phone call, the music stops and the call comes thru my car speakers. If I click "switch to private" the call jumps to my Bluetooth headset, as I want it to.

My issue is this: after transferring the call to my headset, or even to my iPhone directly, I want to be able to resume listening to the radio or CDs thru the car speakers, but I can't. The car dashboard continues to display "Bluetooth - active call" and I can't click Radio/CD/Sat until I hang up the call. Te only way I've found to get around this is to turn my iPhone Bluetooth OFF and resume my conversation on the phone or over speakerphone, which ends the Bluetooth connection with the Sorento, and unfortunately with my headset too.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Are you saying that you want to listen to music while you're still on the phone, or is the problem after you have ended the call? Is there an option to reverse the action of "Switch to Private"?

Be aware that there are issues with BlueTooth and cars. For example, my car mutes the music when the phone rings and returns to the music at the end of the call. All good, but the phone/car resists all attempts to load the contacts list. Nobody seems to know why and, with this sort of problem, "who ya gonna call"?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no problem after i end the call; music resumes as normal. I want to listen to music after I've transferred the call to my phone. However the car is maintaining the Bluetooth connection to my phone, so the only way to play music while talking privately is to disconnect the Bluetooth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts