Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Accord
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two simple questions that I have been unable to answer with information available on the Kia website, conflicting information appears in different locations. I contacted two separate dealers in my area and neither would give me an answer without going in person to the dealership.

First, for a 2013 LX 4 Cyl FWD Sorento does the Convenience Package option include the 3rd row seat or must the 3rd row seat package be purchased also? IE is the cost of this car with Convenience and a 3rd row MSRP + $2000 or MSRP + $2000 + $800? A seemingly easy question to answer, unfortunately the website has both a yes and a no answer depending where you look.

Second, for the same vehicle is the Smart Key w/ Push Button Start option available? The brochure lists the feature as standard on EX and SX trims and unavailable on LX trims yet the upgrade option exists and is priced on their website.

Any help on either of these two issues would be greatly appreciated as it will be helpful in determining which trim I will purchase.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Cadenza SXL Smokey Blue/white
359 Posts
You can help everyone here out if you fill in your profile so we know where you're purchasing from. Kia sells the Sorento in dozens of countries around the world.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX
8 Posts
You can get the regular 2.4 (non GDI) engine 21/29MPG and add a 3rd row for $800. You cannot get the convenience package and add the 3rd row. You need to upgrade to the EX for better options. Also, dealers can't order a vehicle the way you want it, you need to find one in inventory. Go to Kia.com and click on check dealer inventory. 2013 Kia Sorento, pick the first 4 cyl in the drop down list. It says 4 cyl twice, the second is for GDI. Now look at the options each one has. You can sort by price. Look for one that is MSRP 24875 or higher, options must say 50/50 Split Folding Rear Seat.

·
Registered
Honda Accord
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the reply but I don't believe that information is correct, the details are not clearly explained.

This car in inventory is the LX FWD with the Convenience Package and a 3rd row. The price includes both options in the MSRP.
2013 Kia Sorento in Boston, MA Area - New at Herb Chambers Kia of Burlington

This car in inventory also is listed as having the Convenience Package (CPK) and the 3rd row, (50/50 SPLIT FOLD 3RD SEA) but only contains the Convenience package in the MSRP.
New 2013 Kia Sorento LX w/Convenience Package in Shrewsbury MA | VIN: 5XYKT3A61DG310436

This page indicates the LX w/ Convenience Package (FWD (73222)) as being upgradable with a 3rd row.
http://www.kiamedia.com/secure/PDFs/sorento2013-msrp.pdf

This page when you select the LX Convenience Package includes the 3rd row seats as an included feature.
Kia Cars, SUVs, Crossovers, Minivans, & Future Vehicles | Kia Motors America

Who is correct? As I mentioned I can't find a dealership that will put a knowledgeable salesperson on the phone to answer my question.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,774 Posts
How about stoping bye your local Kia dealership?? If you dont want to talk to a salesman, go on a sunday and look at the stickers on the Sorento's.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,964 Posts
How about stoping bye your local Kia dealership?? If you dont want to talk to a salesman, go on a sunday and look at the stickers on the Sorento's.
+2 or just call Consumer Assistance Center 800 - 333 - 4KIA (4542) and get it from the horses mouth;)

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX
8 Posts
Hey, I checked the link to a 73222 and it does have GDI and 7 seats. I'm thinking if you upgrade a base LX why not jump to the EX with convenience package. You'll get the homelink garage door opener, power folding side mirrors, Navigation, leather, power front seats a better stereo, and memory seats.

You posted a link to the kia.com packages available. The descriptions of the packages available for the LX V6 and LX 4 cyl on KIA.com are transposed. It says the V6 gets GDI upgrade, but that's not possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts