Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ford Mustang GT
209 Posts
Fingers crossed...for the 2.0 turbo. :D
It will not work for the 2.0L turbo, not with that design anyway. If I remember correctly last time I looked under the hood, the 2.0L turbo is routed:

Intake > turbo > hot pipe > intercooler > cold pipe > intake manifold

The 2.4L CVVT is routed:

Intake > Intake manifold

The 2.0L intake is routed to the back of the engine to the turbo whereas the NA engine is routed to the intake in the front.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX FWD
354 Posts
spot on highbeamz.

it's been demonstrated many times on this forum in many threads that the 2.0L turbo has a CAI system in the factory condition. the primary intake is under the windshield, which is routed through the air filter past a sensor and into the turbo.

furthermore, there isn't much you can gain from increasing the flow rate of the system in front of the turbo, so any mods to the system that don't increase the post-turbo air pressure and/or decrease the post-turbo air temperature wouldn't have any effect other than to empty your wallet.

it might do something for the NA engines, but i would avoid gauze filters. they and the oil used to make them filter correctly are mentioned as warranty breakers in the manual. something about that oil glazing the sensors and making the ECU receive faulty data. also, many tests have shown that gauze filters (specifially K&N, but not limited to them) do allow more airflow, but at the cost of allowing more particulate matter into the engine. essentially they filter less. why not just increase the area of the disposable paper filter?

finally, the engineers that designed the intake system in both the NA and the turbo know their jobs. if spending $500 on parts could give you more power and therefore increase fuel mileage, THEY WOULD DO IT. $500 on a $20000 car is 2.5% of the cost. cafe standards (fuel usage and emission standards & regulations) are tough enough for them to meet, if the aftermarket actually came up with something that worked, then it would immediately become part of the production of that vehicle.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since there is NO turbo version Sportage in Asia, except Korea.
So the related product is ONLY available for NA Sportage.

I really wish there is turbo version in my country thou.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
spot on highbeamz.

it's been demonstrated many times on this forum in many threads that the 2.0L turbo has a CAI system in the factory condition. the primary intake is under the windshield, which is routed through the air filter past a sensor and into the turbo.

furthermore, there isn't much you can gain from increasing the flow rate of the system in front of the turbo, so any mods to the system that don't increase the post-turbo air pressure and/or decrease the post-turbo air temperature wouldn't have any effect other than to empty your wallet.

it might do something for the NA engines, but i would avoid gauze filters. they and the oil used to make them filter correctly are mentioned as warranty breakers in the manual. something about that oil glazing the sensors and making the ECU receive faulty data. also, many tests have shown that gauze filters (specifially K&N, but not limited to them) do allow more airflow, but at the cost of allowing more particulate matter into the engine. essentially they filter less. why not just increase the area of the disposable paper filter?

finally, the engineers that designed the intake system in both the NA and the turbo know their jobs. if spending $500 on parts could give you more power and therefore increase fuel mileage, THEY WOULD DO IT. $500 on a $20000 car is 2.5% of the cost. cafe standards (fuel usage and emission standards & regulations) are tough enough for them to meet, if the aftermarket actually came up with something that worked, then it would immediately become part of the production of that vehicle.
I agree with you as far as not much being gained via intakes. However keep in mind that engineers also do their best to quiet the engine down. Most people don't like to hear turbo spool up (I do).

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
Wow, are you nuts? Or ur fxxking pussy mind to make u such racial discriminated?

The only reason to join this forum is sharing the Sportage experience with others from the ROW. You have to realize there is different vehicle models in different regions or countries......

Don just keep barking shits from your shitty mind.
With posts like these and you will be short lived in this forum. You are making personal attacks.

:whistling: Tsk Tsk! :whistling:

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Wow, are you nuts? Or ur fxxking pussy mind to make u such racial discriminated?

The only reason to join this forum is sharing the Sportage experience with others from the ROW. You have to realize there is different vehicle models in different regions or countries......

Comments like that only help his assumption. He had good intentions, all you had to say was, "I see why you may think that but Im not".

But no, keep acting like a 10 year old that can use awsome cuss words to sound tuff, it really helps the community!

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
It looks like Dynasty929 is a SPAMMER located in Macau, China that was "fishing" for buyers. Only posts and both had a sales link.
Dave

Making an assumption solely based on a member's IP address is never a good thing.

Ranting like a 10 year old is just as bad.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
Please tell me 10 year old kids don't talk like this. Or i will have to take my 10 year old son out for a beer and have a serious talk with him :D

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
He was acting like a 10 year old, with super sweet tuff cuss words. Though I am sure some 10 year old do talk like that, not around parents mind you, but with the other "cool kids".

The main point was the immature rant and overall tone of his, well post or whatever it was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts