Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 6month old ceed3 (old model) and only started to use the lights on the Auto setting. Works fine, but when I switch off engine, the sidelights stay on and I need to manually cancel them. What is the point of having an AUTO light setting if I have to switch off each time. Gone back to manually switching on and off.
Is it me missing something here?

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Question;
Do they stay on even after opening door?

My sides stay on until unless I open drivers door, as I found out when turning ign on after getting into passenger door recently. Got out & locked it, but noticed lights were still on, had to unlock & manually turn off.

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto lights stay on now sorted.

Question;
Do they stay on even after opening door?

My sides stay on until unless I open drivers door, as I found out when turning ign on after getting into passenger door recently. Got out & locked it, but noticed lights were still on, had to unlock & manually turn off.
At last I have it sorted. I put a parking disc over the sensor in the window. I was sat in car with ignitin switch in first position. Daylight test with sensor covered and the lights came on...just showing the sidelight symbol. switched off the ignition pulled out key, got out and left the sensor covered so car would think it was still dark. Locked the door and walked away but lights were still on. HOWEVER, lights did go out after lag of around 20secs or so. I have not been waiting long enough for them to switch off automatically after leaving the vehicle. I am still on a learning curve here but managed to get it sorted. Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts