Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sept 04 manual diesel, so far so good and pleased, however I do have an issue with both front side windows when they are covered in rain on the outside or condensation on the inside, when I open the electric windows to clear the glass, nothing happens, ie the rubber window seal does not touch the glass when opening or closing.
Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just my vehicle at fault, and is there a solution to this problem.
Thanks for any advice.
Mike.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by searle@Jan 16 2005, 06:44 PM
I have a Sept 04 manual diesel, so far so good and pleased, however I do have an issue with both front side windows when they are covered in rain on the outside or condensation on the inside, when I open the electric windows to clear the glass, nothing happens, ie the rubber window seal does not touch the glass when opening or closing.
Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just my vehicle at fault, and is there a solution to this problem.
Thanks for any advice.
Mike.
Both my Sorento and Optima does the same every now and then. The only thing that I can think that would cause that would be cool tempatures because when it is warm out I dont have that issue. What it the tempature in your part of the world??

·
Registered
Sorento XS Auto 2005
46 Posts
Your window seals are just that, they are not designed to double as scrapers. The fact that the window mechanism moves the glass away from the seal before dropping it down reflects quality in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts