Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sedona EX with Nav,Luxury pack,Black/Tan, 2013 Sorento EX, Limited/Primium, Titanium/Black
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Sedona has the feature that the side mirrors will tilt down when the van is placed in reverse (as long as the mirror selector is not in the middle). The drivers side works, but the passenger side starts to move and then returns to original position. Wondering if others had this issue. Just about 20k on car and not other issues.

·
Registered
2008 Sedona EX -- L
11 Posts
Sorry for bumping...
Mine would do wacky self adjust things. It was like it was possessed by demons. Even with switch in middle they would self adjust after backing up and be pointed off incorrectly. This was not only maddening, but dangerous because you would go to backup and could not see. It also would maladjust after using the fob sometimes. Tried new fob batteries. Nope. Tried retraining the memory presets and fobs numerous times and suggseted ways. Nope. Tried replacing switch/controls assembly on driver side doorskin. Nope. Tried cleaning connections of wire that ran from switch to inside mirror. Nope. Tried resetting everything by disconnecting battery. Nope. Was starting to think I would replace both mirrors next, but that would be expensive or I would look for black ones at salvage yard so color match would not be an issue. After that I feared it would be Body Control Module which sounded too expensive and I would have to just disconnect them and live without them being powered. But then I caught a break. The battery died, and died suddenly. I bought the van used last year and the battery was OEM, never been replaced. New battery and it hasn't acted up since.

On a side note it amazed me how quick the battery died. Had no problem and one day went to crank it and in @15 seconds it just ran out and the starter would not even engage. Parts store was across the street so I just bought one.

So recapping, mirror memory & adjustment issues = try a new or known good battery.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,531 Posts
Sorry for bumping...
Mine would do wacky self adjust things. It was like it was possessed by demons. Even with switch in middle they would self adjust after backing up and be pointed off incorrectly. This was not only maddening, but dangerous because you would go to backup and could not see. It also would maladjust after using the fob sometimes. Tried new fob batteries. Nope. Tried retraining the memory presets and fobs numerous times and suggseted ways. Nope. Tried replacing switch/controls assembly on driver side doorskin. Nope. Tried cleaning connections of wire that ran from switch to inside mirror. Nope. Tried resetting everything by disconnecting battery. Nope. Was starting to think I would replace both mirrors next, but that would be expensive or I would look for black ones at salvage yard so color match would not be an issue. After that I feared it would be Body Control Module which sounded too expensive and I would have to just disconnect them and live without them being powered. But then I caught a break. The battery died, and died suddenly. I bought the van used last year and the battery was OEM, never been replaced. New battery and it hasn't acted up since.

On a side note it amazed me how quick the battery died. Had no problem and one day went to crank it and in @15 seconds it just ran out and the starter would not even engage. Parts store was across the street so I just bought one.

So recapping, mirror memory & adjustment issues = try a new or known good battery.
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
2008 Sedona EX -- L
11 Posts
thx ron...
i looked but i don't see a signature line in my profile settings. i put it in the 'about me' section, hope that werks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts