Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6 Luxury
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out I have this. I guess the switch you use to move your side mirrors is the on/off to get them to tilt when backing up. If you leave it in the middle its off, if you have the switch on the left or right mirror its on. :)

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Right position should be only the right mirror, left position should be both mirrors. This feature is appreciated greatly during parallel parking.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX AWD (Titanium Silver); 2013 MINI Cooper S Hardtop, 6-sp. manual (Eclipse Gray)
123 Posts
Right position should be only the right mirror, left position should be both mirrors. This feature is appreciated greatly during parallel parking.
In my 2012 SX, both mirrors tilt down in reverse if the mirror switch is in either 'on' position, right or left.

My wife loves the tilting mirrors, but I usually switch them off except for parallel parking or backing into a parking space.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
My EX Sedona and Amanti do it. My EX Optima doesn't do it, neither of my LX models do it. I haven't looked at a new Sorento in a while, but I would assume EX and SX would. OP is in Canada though, they package features differently.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
So angry I missed out on all the small 'updates' Kia did to the Sorento in October of 2011. I've got the harder suspension, Radio that constantly tells me 'transfer complete', mirrors that dont tilt, and my exterior lights don't come on at night when I hit unlock....WHY KIA?

·
Registered
Kia Sorento EX 2012
109 Posts
The mirrors turning tilting down ONLY works on the EX/SX models that has the side folding mirrors. So you do not miss out on anything if you do not have them.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6 Luxury
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In my 2012 SX, both mirrors tilt down in reverse if the mirror switch is in either 'on' position, right or left.

My wife loves the tilting mirrors, but I usually switch them off except for parallel parking or backing into a parking space.
Mine is either or also.

·
Registered
'12 Sorento LX I4 GDI FWD, '01 Pontiac Montana
48 Posts
Would it possible to add this to an LX? Or more of a pain than it would actually be worth? My dad just got a '13 LX convenience pack and I didn't notice it doing this, but I was also fascinated with the back up cam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts