Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Is there an easy wy to remove the upholstered panels from the front and rear doors to re-upholster them - or is it a full door panel removal job?

Also, Im thinking about recovering the centre console and dashboard, as I have acquired some rather nice carbon fibre effect vinyl, does anyone know where I can get a copy of some full size templates for the inside of the car?

I'm looking for something like this: http://www.bitrim.com/wd251.htm but actual size instead of minitures

thanks

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was trying to avoid buying the kist as they are quite pricy. I've got the minature of the templates, I think I'll just have to mess around with them to get them the right size. Is taking out the door panels on the shuma the same as you have previously posted for the sephia?

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
8 Posts
If you use a window crank tool to get the crank off, you will not damage the clip. Don't replace something if you don't have to. The way they are making most, I said MOST, cars now-is that you cannot remove the insert to the door panel. If this is the case you will see that it is simply tucked into a chanel around the outside edge. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts
you can remove the upholstry it just clips on.. and those c clips are only a dollar to replace....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts