Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Shuma I 2000 1.8 GS
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
So i have an 1-2-3-4 fan blower in my car. Set it to 1 no problem, 2 almost good, 3 chirping like a mad bird and 4 a little bit better.
Iv taken the blower itself out and reconnected it to the power while holding it.
When I wiggle my hand it chirps. So I removed the plastic fan wheel itself and greased the axel going down to the motor, still chirping...
Any ida what this might be? And if the motor itself is possible to open and fix?

Also if anyone has a manual for this, or a link to a general manual that would be great.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,504 Posts
If there is nothing in the housing like leaves or other stuff. Then I would say you have a bad bearing in the motor. Time for a new blower motor.

·
Registered
Kia Shuma I 2000 1.8 GS
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there is nothing in the housing like leaves or other stuff. Then I would say you have a bad bearing in the motor. Time for a new blower motor.
So No easy way to replace or grease the bearing? Dident see any easy way to remove the motor from the plastic body, so dident try.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
They are sealed units and are not worth trying to repair..
Here's one for a 2000 Spectra that's new ...
Auto 7 704 0039 Blower Motor | eBay
They had used ones on ebay but why buy someone elses problem.
Dave

I see you are in Norway...I have heard they have very high import taxes so this may not help..

·
Registered
Kia Shuma I 2000 1.8 GS
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are sealed units and are not worth trying to repair..
Here's one for a 2000 Spectra that's new ...
Auto 7 704 0039 Blower Motor | eBay
They had used ones on ebay but why buy someone elses problem.
Dave

I see you are in Norway...I have heard they have very high import taxes so this may not help..
Yea those taxes are a bit high ;)
But is it safe to say that any blower fan that fits an spectra wil fit the shuma?

·
Registered
Kia Shuma I 2000 1.8 GS
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Il try once more.
Has anyone fixed or tried fixing a blowing motor?
It works on all 4 settings, so not burned.
It just seems the bearing or something is bad, because when the car moves or I shake the fan while running it makes a chirping sound.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
Try cracking the plastic case off of it. There are a lot of plumbing solvents/glues out there that may allow you to re-assemble the case. A dry bearing being oiled may solve your problem(s). It looks you are at a point where doing something is better than nothing.
Be creative in your repair(s)...You lose nothing...trying as it's "broken" all ready..
I have "attacked" 5 salvage (totaled) car repairs, learned, and bettered myself from trying..
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts