Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,,

Based on my experience with the optima I decided to get a Sorento Sx a few days ago with all the tech available, but now I see that the 2014 is supposed to be released in q1. I think i got a pretty good deal with more than 3k in rebates and a very good price for my trade.

I would be look at a an SXL and I know there Are not likely to be very good deals on the car when it's first released so you will pay a premium, And I'm not quite convinced it would be worth it. The features that I would really care about the heated rear seats the HIDs and the integrated Google maps. I'm on the fence on the styling attributes with the exception of the center console, Which seems to be a big improvement. BTW, what happened to the Stainless pedals on the SX model?

What are you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

AC

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
I guess you must be in the US as heated seats are standard on all Canadian Sorento's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, it appears that the SXL will be available in Q2 this year and does have some cool features. I think that I did get a pretty good price on the 2013 (and 0% financing) and I do not like to get the first model year of any build, 2+ is usually better for me as they can work out the kinks. So, I am probably then looking at the 2015- I just realized that they will also have a power lift gate coming, which is a very helpful feature.

Anyway, looking forward to the Sorento experts opinions from this board...

AC

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
There's a few experts over at sorentonation, too.

Apart from the bumpers, it seems like a better car (in terms of styling) than the current one. Comes with LED accents in the headlights, too, and different shaped tails ..if you care about that.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX-V6 Luxery, 2010 Toyota Corolla XRS
26 Posts
Hey guys, I thought 2014 version will elimated the v6 version of the sorento. and use 3.3L GDI Turbo.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Hey guys, I thought 2014 version will elimated the v6 version of the sorento. and use 3.3L GDI Turbo.
There is no 3.3L Turbo. The 2.0L Turbo is reserved for the new Santa Fe Sport. The 3.3L GDI Is a direct injected naturally aspirated V6. No Turbo!

In short, Santa fe Sport only gets 4 bangers, The Santa fe 7-pass gets the 3.3.

The Sorento gets the new 3.3L GDI and 2.4 GDI and drops the 3.5L.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I saw the 2014 SX-L at the CES show, and unfortunately for me I really liked it. It has all the things that I like about the Sorento plus HIDs, heated rear seats, power lift gates, blind spot detection, New UVO eServices etc... There may be too many new features to resist. So I may have to see how much the dealer will work with me on this. once pricing is released.

I attached a few pics from the show- this vehicle was equipped exactly how I would want it- drool, drool...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts