Kia Forum banner

Should I Bye A New Sportage

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jfgv40 
#1 ·
went to look at the new sportage to day nice but not shure to get it as its my frist car and the inshurance is £2500 but i do like it

#3 ·
Originally posted by mm372@Feb 23 2005, 10:46 AM
went to look at the new sportage to day nice but not shure to get it as its my frist car and the inshurance is £2500 but i do like it
a few considerations before purchasing a kia, make sure about the dealer, r they freindly , can u relat with them, r they close buy as if you have problems this eases the frustration, do the service offer a replacement vehicle in the event of repair under warranty, whilst ure kia is in the shop! be prepared once purchase dthat u are not buying a honda or toyota vehicl refinement, noting the kia sportage is a practical and made to a budget(does not mean less well made or inferor) in mind without the useless add ons the other manufactueres offer, bge prepared to pay for kia original patrs and it is hard to find after market parts, here in australia at least, strong vehicle, ready to go anywhwere..........

#4 ·
I am also interested in buying the new Sportage. only one thing worries me, is the deisel version fitted with the same engine as the Hyundai Tucson as this engine is metioned on the Hyundai forum website as having poor fuel consumption, has anyone any thoughts on this?

#5 ·
Kia pretty much traded sedona specs for tuscon specs in a swap. However each has there own distinctions. Kia really wanted to bring back the sportage because of its crazy repeat owner base and to have something to use there new 4wd system on. Seeing we dont have the deisel options i n the states i wouldnt know for sure, but id bet on it.

#6 ·
Originally posted by Trest@Mar 3 2005, 02:59 AM
Kia pretty much traded sedona specs for tuscon specs in a swap. However each has there own distinctions. Kia really wanted to bring back the sportage because of its crazy repeat owner base and to have something to use there new 4wd system on. Seeing we dont have the deisel options i n the states i wouldnt know for sure, but id bet on it.

Thanks for the input, fairly sure it's the same engine as the tucson so hopefully the fuel problems will have been ironed out. The Diesel version comes to Britain end of Feb beginning of March.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.