Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found a source for new shocks other than the Kia dealer?

·
Premium Member
2009 Borrego
320 Posts
There is a Russian board that actually has quite a bit of discussion on this topic. The problem is I don't speak Russian. I have been trying to decipher with Google translate: ??????? ????????

The best I can tell, some have used Koni Heavy Tracks application for the Sorento:
Koni Heavy Track Front Dampers Kia Sorento

But some have suggested that the real issue may be in the spring.

I'm still trying to read more.

·
Premium Member
2009 Borrego
320 Posts
There is also a spring / bilstein application on the following Korean site: dmshock.com

·
Registered
Kia Mohave 3.8
16 Posts
on the Russian forum found several solutions this problem buildup native Absorbers.
1. alteration in one of the cities of Russia (I have these) + installation of other springs
2. set of shock absorbers bilstein - ordered from Korea
3. Set shock absorber Koni Raid (Koni Heavy Track RAID)
4. Shock absorber Rancho RS999276 (rear suspension - need reworking)

·
Premium Member
2009 Borrego
320 Posts
The Russian forums looks to be for serious off road enthusiasts who drive in sometimes extreme conditions. I am personally just looking to take a bit of the harsh edge off the ride. I think I'm going to dig for part number from the above suggestions and try to find the best deal and go with replacement shocks.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego Ex V6 4wd
6 Posts
Hay All, I have a couple new bits of information and my opinion.

We all need to lobby a shock company to get replacement shocks built or even a lift kit.
My suggestion is Rancho Performance Suspension and Shocks.

Sorry I did not find this post when I looked up the shock information earlier and the work done by "CoolerBY". Great work! Maybe our administrator can combine the three shock posts so others don't miss this previously posted information on shocks. The Kia dealer shocks OE shocks are actually made by a OE company named "Sachs". Their stickers are all over the shocks. A google search was not productive in locating any shock information for the Borrego.
Ok! last thing, I spoke with three different Rancho employees by calling the Tech Support line listed below. They all stated Rancho had previously looked at producing replacement shock for the Borrego but had not received enough interest. I informed all three company representatives there is no company in the US or Canada currently making any shocks for the Borrego. I informed these reps after measuring the Borrego shocks, they have current products already listed in the product line which are very close to being replacement parts. They all gave me the company line if we had more interest they may reconsider their decision to make the small changes needed to produce upgraded higher quality shocks to exactly fit the Borrego. I also expressed my interest in a Lift kit similar to their Pathfinder lift kit for larger 33" tires.
I have seen posts of persons on this forum interested in Lift kits and a softer ride for the Borrego. Take a look at the Rancho website and the RS9000XL shocks (9 adjustable settings)
We could accomplish this. Please HELP! Call or use the links below or call 1-734-384-7804.

Rancho Suspension: Email the Rancho Tech
Rancho Suspension: Vehicles Needed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts