Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sorento has the wood grain shifter, however the interior trim is aluminum like, so I'd like to change it for a black one, kind of like the sportage.

Does any one knows a place I can find a replacement? Would the Sportage shifter fit the Sorentos?

Another one, I was asked what Sorento means, I couldn't answer, anyone...

My car is EX CRDi, should it has the rear view mirros heating standard?

THanks, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you're looking for Kia replacement shifters, I wouldn't know how to help you -- maybe your dealer? But if you're not particular, you can go to most auto accessory shops and buy replacement shift knobs.

Since they're designed to be generic, chances are the replacement knobs won't screw onto the shift lever. The usual solution these aftermarket shift knobs have is several different size/thickness rubber sleeves to slip over the metal lever (once you remove the shift knob). Find one that fits the lever diameter and put that on, and then slip the new knob over the rubber sleeve. Then there'll usually be three or so small screws for you to "lock" the knob into place by screwing it into the rubber so it bites the rubber and keeps the shift knob from rotating.

Oops, I just noticed you have an EX, meaning an automatic tranny. :grin: So what I just said is kind of to help those with manual trannies. :)

I got a replacement knob for my Sorento because I find the stock knob way too huge. And it's heavy too; when I screwed it off, it felt like it weighed a couple of pounds. Replaced it with a more streamlined knob that sits nicely in my hand.

If I wasn't able to help about the shifter, sackia, at least I can help about the name -- the car is supposedly named after a town in Italy, Sorrento. Kia's PR guys have never explained why they spell the car's name with only one "r".

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I would say the dealer would be your best bet for a black shifter. I just checked out a few accessory sites for you and all I found was the shifter with the wood grain on it.
Not quite sure about the mirrors though.

·
Registered
Sorento XS Auto 2005
46 Posts
All Sorentos have heated external rear view mirrors. The top of the range fold in as well. They share the same switching as the rear demister.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts