Kia Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,380 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL 2.0T
1 Posts
This just happened to me as well on my 2016 Sorento. I'm no longer under warranty (just my 100K, I'm at about 68K) so not covered. They are having to order the BCM and also a new shifter as the screwdriver that we used to put in the small lock area so we could drive it to the dealership ended up causing damage to some gasket and now the whole shifter has to be replaced. So the parts and labor are going to end up being $1800 which seems ridiculous.
Mine also went out last week. I have ~67k miles on mine and the charge was about $900 for the BCM replacement. I reached out to Kia via Twitter and they are covering half the cost at least. I'd suggest going that route. It can't hurt.

·
Registered
sorento ex+ v6
22 Posts
Tonight the Sorento would not shift out of park, I had to press shift release button to get it in drive.

Any suggestions on the fix?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
If the actuator sticks, you don't even have a differential problem to 'discover'. It was a right bugger for prior generations, hence the recall.
It can be a defect shift lock solenoid?

914E2204-6ED6-4345-AD09-1FEEC4D13791.png

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,071 Posts
Yeah, it can be, but it's also hard to imagine that so many dealers are fleecing their customers in exactly the same way. That's a string of BCM replacements for that issue now. In the previous generation Sorento and Santa Fe, it wasn't the BCM that was causing this problem, and the fix was easy.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts