Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright. I recently bought a 2003 Kia Sorento LX 4x4 v6. It was bought as a used car and has 159k miles on it. I had to trailer it back from where I bought it because of the driving problems. It started with code misfire in cylinder 3. Of course the first thing I did was change the oil , and rear diff fluid. Got it home and checked codes once more. it still said misfire so I replaced all 6 plugs , the 3 boots , and the 3 plugs wires . Took it to auto parts store and then codes popped for temp water sensor , misfire in cylinder 5 now and alternator one. replaced the water temp sensor and checked cylinder 5. it stop better but it stills pops up that misfire now and has problems shifting. it has a vibration shudder to it. and it will not go over 40-45. to get it to finally shift without the rpms going way up I have to let off the gas and re apply. oh yeah my detent cable keeps coming off. could this be part of the shift problem? after it finally shifts it seems to be good until it reaches next gear. so any help would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts