Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To fellow owners: my Sephia five speed came withouit a tach. I need to know where to shift using the speedo. Please give me some input on this as I am in the dark. Thank you. speedster1

·
Registered
24 Posts
i myself would like to know this as i have the same thing, 5 speed no tach.

hmmm, question, could you take a stock panel out of a car that has a tach and put in a car that dont have one? is the wiring harness the same? i know some cars built had the same harnesses, just different gauges for standard and auto cars.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To UTBuck: I have heard that the dash swap that you mentioned is possible and is probably the best and most professional way to get a tach going in a car w/o one. After all where would we put a tach without it looking like a hack job? It's good that you mentioned that the standard five speed and automatic probably have different units. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks. speedster1

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
when it hits the redlines is when I shift 90% of the time.. besides just listen to the motor you should know when to shift. i think its15, 34, 45 and it dont list when to go into 5th its at your descretion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by 1fastkia@Oct 21 2005, 09:28 AM
when it hits the redlines is when I shift 90% of the time.. besides just listen to the motor you should know when to shift. i think its15, 34, 45 and it dont list when to go into 5th its at your descretion.
so in 1st gear hitting 15, 2nd hitting 34 and 4th hitting 45 is hitting the redline? thats about the speeds i shift at, but man, redline must be at 4500rpm

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear fellow owners, I'm without a tach. And yes 15, 34, 45, and whatever do seem very low for redline. As far as I know they all have the same 4:11 gears in them. I shift around 25,45,50-60, 70 or so. This must put me between 4,500 and 6,000 somewhere, right? speedster1

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia
93 Posts
In the Kia sephia owners manual, it gives the accurate shift speeds, jkust when you are cruising. those arent redline speeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts