Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra5
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a vendor that makes shift kits for the US '05 Spec5? I have an automatic and would really like to firm the shifts up. Besides, a firmer shift causes less wear on the transmission then a soft shift.

Also, a kit to me is a new valve body plate or gasket and some replacement springs. Sometimes you might have to drill an extra hole or open some up. I'd rather not get into replacing a valve body if I can help it.

I've heard that these are hydo/electric transmissions where a computer is used to control the shift points and firmness ... any help? :)

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
You're kind of screwed here. You're right, the computer controls the shift firmness, and the only way to get the shifts firmer is to increase the line pressure, which is how the computer does it. The only way to get the computer to do that, is to trick it into thinking that you are going slower than you really are, so it raises the pressure. Unfortunately, doing this also affects the things you wouldn't want to touch, like kick down, downshifting, and preventing the computer from "seeing" wide-open-throttle (WOT).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts