Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had it up and down a couple of the major roadways here... lovely little car, especially the 6th gear for highway cruising at 110 kph without a worry :D And even in Eco mode, it's happy to squat down and put some grunt through the wheels and get going damned skippy-like :D

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey. Tuck those mirrors in! And you're parked in a construction zone ?!? :)

Nice BTW! Wish I had a retractable roof too.
I tuck my mirrors in in parking lots :D As to the sunroof... I've had it open a couple of times, but I mostly use the moonroof function as there is less air roar.

And no, not a construction zone. The condo development where I live (I rent a a basement from a good friend) is redoing ALL the decks and porches, hence the piles of wood... that have been there since the start of February... <_<

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another shot of Kyrra the Kia :D (yes, she's been officially named :D). Also, her Transformers name (a tradition in my family started by my brother) is Firestar

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay... after our icy morning here.... I appreciate a) how fast the defogger works on the front window (i had to scrape some ice off, wincing a little as I know scrapers leave TINY little scratches, no matter how gently you scrape), b) just HOW toasty the heated seats are and how quickly the seats get to hot and c) heated side mirrors = awesome :D

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
Another shot of Kyrra the Kia :D (yes, she's been officially named :D). Also, her Transformers name (a tradition in my family started by my brother) is Firestar

We should start a thread on names for our cars. I wonder if it is a North American thing? BTW, my Rio SX is Alice. I don't have a Transformer name.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Le woot. Thanks to a contact I have within the detailing industry, getting 3M StoneGuard Pro shielding put on this weekend, 24 inch hood and fenders, rear of sideviews, and full front bumper, at my place, for $500 :D (This is the 3M product they wrap exotics in o_O!)

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
Le woot. Thanks to a contact I have within the detailing industry, getting 3M StoneGuard Pro shielding put on this weekend, 24 inch hood and fenders, rear of sideviews, and full front bumper, at my place, for $500 :D (This is the 3M product they wrap exotics in o_O!)
Awe man, I was thinking of getting the 3M stuff on my Rio. :p

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bugger -__-

So, my 3M was supposed to go on on Saturday. Guys brought a Kia RONDO kit, not a Kia RIO kit >__<

So, however, the shop made it right by staying late on Monday. HOWEVER.... on the way to the shop, driving up our "freeway" (Deerfoot for the Calgarians on here) to the application shop, a stone went SAILING from the Southbound lanes.... cleared lane 1, cleared lane 2. I am in lane 3, and I saw the stone about a second before it actually hit, but it felt like 5-10 seconds in slow motion as I saw it arc down and ****BANG!**** right on the hood. I said a very choice expletive in a vehement and expressive manner.

Yep.... 3 KM from the application shop, paint chip. *sigh*

But, hey, it's wrapped and protected now :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts