Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just let me know if you want some - I have lots of ways to get great stuff. Mine came from my buddy in Australia and thankfully the conversion rate worked well in my favor.

Here are my LEDs VS my HIDs - the HID is a 35w slim ballast 5000k and the LED is my buddies company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgVgd2u7Y-Q

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So today I got 75% of my Evilla Motorsports stage 1 chassis kit installed, Evilla Motorsports carbon rad cover and StreetzVille chrome fender bolts also installed.

The remaining chassis bar (torsion bar) and my lowering kit get installed on the 29. While I am waiting for the 29th and for my cipher auto parts to arrive I will be focusing on my audio!

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Have you got concerns about the fan on the bulb side? What are they quoted as for lumens?
I am assuming you mean me. but the fans on the globes are not a concern, I ditched the dust covers almost immediately when I went HID and I havnt had any issues. The bulbs I got are H11 (its different if you have the rio with the projector headlamps) - rated at 3200LM per bulb and 30W (ballast is on the wires of course) and have a 1 year warranty with a 10,000hr lifespan (my buddy uses Osram chips)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Car season is upon us!!

List of upcoming mod installs,

H&R Lowering kit
Evilla Motorsports Torsion bar
Dbl Din Sony touch screen head unit
Full MTX audio sound upgrade
Cipher Auto Racing Seats
Cipher Auto 4 point racing harness
Cipher Auto tow strap
STI custom fit front lip
Custom side lip extensions

Probably more to come also lol

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yeah we don't have an issue with them here yet. I mean the law is there but the police don't really enforce it, only time I know of people having issues with their lights is when they are driving like idiots or have a bad attitude towards the officer.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
My Cipher Auto parts arrived yesterday!!

Seats, Sliders, Tow Strap, Stickers, and branded Seat Belt Pads until my Harnesses arrive! Is anyone here running aftermarket seats currently?! Wondering if there is any brackets available that I don't know about.. have done quite a few searches and nothing for the newer models. I ill probably have to get them custom made, which is fine. But if anyone knows of anything let me know!!!!

Here is a teaser pic for you guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are you or did you replace the factory deck with aftermarket? If not, seriously consider it because the audio difference is night and day once you add aftermarket speakers and subs. As for the lowering, wow does the car handle better after. Again..... night and day!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Are you or did you replace the factory deck with aftermarket? If not, seriously consider it because the audio difference is night and day once you add aftermarket speakers and subs. As for the lowering, wow does the car handle better after. Again..... night and day!

I have a Sony Double Din Head unit that I will be installing along with a Full 1800w MTX audio system. Components, Mids and Subs. Should be installed within 2 weeks.

I have H&R lowering springs that will be installed on Tuesday along with the rest of my Stage 1 Chassis Kit.

Really enjoying this build so far and this is only the beginning. So much more to come!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
UPDATE!!!!

Lowering kit and the Torsion bar (completing my Evilla Motorsports stage 1 chassis kit) were installed yesterday! Currently sitting about 1.7" lower then stock, but spring say they will settle around 2". I am absolutely loving the handling from all the suspension upgrades though! Eli and his team at Evilla Motorsports did an awesome job with the stage 1 chassis kit. If anyone is thinking about purchasing it, I highly recommend it.

I also completed my audio install as well.
Sony dbl din head unit
6.5" MTX Components
6.5 3 way mids
1800w kenwood amp
MTX Thunder pro Subs x 2
Bassworx Inverted sub enclosure

I will post some pictures tomorrow!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well you definitely got me beat in the lowering. I'm at 1.35 inches down and have not installed stabilizer bars. As for the audio, nice amp choice. One nit-picky thing though. Max power means jack diddly unless your amp has constant power rating like Rockford power series and the higher end Hertz sub amps among others. The good new is, you'll likely get tons of bass beyond what you need with that setup as is anyway. :)

41 - 60 of 272 Posts