Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what up.. my 97 kia sephia gs shakes at times when im at a light or when i turn car on the car... Any solutions to this problem.. car runs great but just annoying that it shakes, sometimes shakes so much that you see the vibration on the steering wheel. thanks alot... if you need any info just reply with it and i will answer the question..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got same "problem".
Just throw it into neutral every time its at a stop light. In my opinion, the car is trying to move but your holding the break...

·
Registered
1998 Kia Sephia
23 Posts
:thumbsup: Hey What's Up Everyone,

Hey rob061883 I think you should check your motor mounts it sounds like that could be the problem I have read alot about engines shaking and it turns out to be that the motor mounts are worn out or wearing out if you can when the car is off open the hood and grab the engine from the back area and pull slightly forward and if it moves forward loosely your motor mounts need to be replaced whenever you get a chance give it a shot and see what happens. :57:

·
Registered
107 Posts
when i have my motor mounts replaced by an autoshop, will they install those crappy stock motor mounts or are there any better ones? cause those motor mounts are terrible, when I drive around 80 on the freeway, the car shakes really bad, I got rid of most of the shake in the seats but it still shakes violently, and its hard to control the car. The car has been aligned and new tires installed but the shaking is still there. I had my family and my friends drive it, and when i watch them, their arms shake violently, even if they hold the steering wheel witha dreath grip or a relaxed grip. Its obnoxious, makes handling the car harder and costs power, and im sure that its not helping the engine any.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I knwo that place makes solid motor mounts, but I don't want to have to wait for shipping and then have others install it (since I am not blessed with the proper tools required). I was wondering if most auto shops have decient replacements. Plus I am running low on funds, so the cheapest but yet decient option is needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If the problem persist try this guys, go to someone that has a timing light to check if the time is not good, if so or not try to adjust the timing a litle more to compensate for that. I can show you but I does not have the manual to do it.
some body one on .pdf or whatever? I can make a step by step fix on that or whatever..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is what I just quoted. With Engine running and car in parking position, unscrew (Carefully) bolt # 3 just a little (Not taking out) enogh for you to turn ignition. That will make engine accelerates or de-accelerates by just listening to engine and checking vibration it will let you know how much it will take. Remember it takes just a LITTLE to take that vibration out so just TURN it SLOWLY. When you reach you "desire" acceleration. Tight the screw back. and that will solve the problem....
Here the pic..

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts