Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 rio and whenever i have the a/c on and am stopped at a light the car will vibrate..sometimes worse than others. it never stalls but i was wondering if this was a normal occurence with other rio's. because it just seems to be riding a little to rough. :unsure:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is it only when the ac is on? Also, do your RPMs drop when this is occuring? Auto or manual tranny?

Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it seems to only happen when the a/c is on..like i will be sitting at a light it will start to shake and then it will calm down for a moment or two but then it will start again. and its happened on more than a few occasions. and no nothing else happens to the car except for the shaking. and its a manual.

melinda

·
Registered
7 Posts
HEY WHEN I GOT MY KIA IT DID THE SAME THING AND I CALLED THE DEALERSHIP THERE WAS A RECALL ON A PART THAT COULD MAKE IT STALL OUT HAVE YOU HAD THAT FIXED IT HELPED MINE ALOT. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cant say ive had it fixed but it does need to go in for a recall for the fuel distributor and the main fuel tube assemblies in the 01-04 models

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. I think it was the motor mount that was causing it. It was covered under warranty when I got it, so ask the dealership you bought it from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.