Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on new rims from pepboys not too long ago because one of my kia wheels was damaged due to a pot hole. ever since i got the rims, my car shakes like crazy on the highway. between 60 to 75 mph. the guy at pepboys said that no matter what wheels i put on, its gonna shake cuz i need some kinda balancer for the wheels. is this true, or is the guy full of crap? he was supposed to call me when some came into the store but its been a few months and no call. I went in and he said he will call me when they come in. So am i waiting for no reason? or are the rims just defecive?

PS. I made them re balance the tires and it didnt fix the problem. someone please help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
u seem to have something else have u did a check up in the garage about if ur shock is ok and ur alinement?... and dont forget if u still have ur old rim on the car u can do any balances that u want and nothing will work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now that i think about it, i think it was something called a spacer.. or something. I dont have my old wheels but it didnt shake when i had them on. i just wanna know if there would be a point to going back to pepboys demanding new rims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts